It is widely recognised that back pain, neck pain and headaches are a few of the leading causes of absenteeism in the workplace, resulting in huge costs to companies from staff being unable to work. At So Healthy our aim is not only to treat individual patients for the complaints mentioned above but also to assist companies in promoting wellness and optimal health in their workers, regardless of the work environment.
• 17 million people in the UK are affected by back pain each year
• 2.5 million people have back pain every day of the year
• 50 million working days are lost each year
• Overall burden to industry = £5 billion
• 1.2 million people are affected by musculoskeletal pain
• Minor ailments, such as colds, were named as the most significant cause of short-term absence, with back pain second
• Long-term absence – mainly due to stress, back pain and other musculoskeletal disorders – accounted for 40% of lost working time
What We Can Offer
So Healthy understands that back health has a direct correlation to an individual’s productivity and so, with the above information in mind, we are happy to arrange for one of our Chiropractors to attend your workplace and give a wellness talk to your employees. The purpose of the talks is to educate your staff and inspire them to be pro-active and take action when it comes to their health. Studies have shown that employees are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are feeling good both physically and mentally. Whether it’s an ongoing injury an employee has, or a health related question, wellness talks are a perfect opportunity for your employees to find out how Chiropractic can help.
Below are just a few of the common workplace complaints that Chiropractic can help with
• Injuries sustained from slips, trips or falls
• Injuries sustained from manual handling/lifting
• Repetitive motion injuries
• Prolonged awkward postures
The topics of our talks will vary based on the needs of your business but will generally focus on
• Chiropractic and wellness
• Spinal health
• Injury prevention
• Healthy eating and nutrition
Whether your employees are sitting, standing or moving all day their posture and workstation set-up could lead to short and long term injuries that may impact their performance. Our Chiropractors are happy to provide useful advice to staff on workstation arrangement and how best to avoid workplace injuries. We believe that safe working environments lead to happier and healthier staff who are therefore more productive.
So Healthy will also offer discounted rates to staff members who require further consultation and treatment when they visit our clinics.
If requested, the visit will also include an individual SpinalMouse check-up for your staff. The SpinalMouse is a cutting edge non-invasive scanning device that is linked to a computer to provide a 3D image showing the shape and mobility of the spine.
Benefits of the SpinalMouse
• It provides precise information on the position and motion of each bone in your spine
• Results are immediate so you can see straight away where your spine isn’t working correctly.
• The whole process only takes around five minutes
• It doesn’t use x-rays so there is no radiation and the process is totally pain-free and non-invasive
• It can be used along with a standard examination to determine the health of your spine, and preventatively by check-ups to potentially reduce the risk of back pain
So Healthy can also work with employees who suffer from long-term absence related to back pain or musculoskeletal disorders. We can offer an independent assessment and treatment package to enable a quicker return to work.
Muscle tension is a frequent side effect of working life. To relieve tension and stress, we are happy to bring along one of our certified massage therapists, with expertise in a variety of massage techniques, who will offer chair massages to employees at their desks, or other suitable venues.
We believe our workplace wellness talks have the potential to reap significant rewards for your business in regard to employee health, safety, morale and productivity. It is our hope you will consider our talks an investment in your most important resource; your employees.
If you are interested in booking a wellness talk and would like to discuss how we can meet the needs of your business please contact our clinics on the numbers below.
Bedford clinic: 01234 853444
Matlock clinic: 01629 888323
So Healthy wellness events are also suitable for clubs, groups and associations and can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Please feel free to give us a call.